Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Simple Saturday

This afternoon Kiddo and I took a walk out in the back yard, where I was hoping to practice with my new camera.  I bundled him into the Moby-wrap and headed out, where my first sight was...
weeds growing out of a pile of compost that had somehow made its way to the back half of my drive... I'm sorta confused on this one.

Continuing on...
My wind-blown fence
 For these next two, it's the same view but the pictures were taken with two different camera settings.  The first one seems to be a more realistic representation of the actual colors, but I prefer the richer color of the second, which was taken with a flash.  Which do you prefer?



With the following, I played with focus.


This one was an unexpected view I saw in the camera window, but it really drew me in.


A rose.  It took me many, many tries to get good focus on this one, first because Kiddo was shifting around in his Moby (for the record, baby-wearing and photographing don't mix very well), and second because every time I'd get a clear image in the camera window, the breeze would pick up just enough to sway the flower.  But I'm quite pleased with this one.


One of the beautiful, old trees in my back yard.  The deep fall colors that reflect the setting sun just struck a chord in me.  

After much fighting with Kiddo to remain still enough to allow me to take pictures, I finally got annoyed and set him down on the ground.  His face screwed up like he was about to howl for a moment, then he realized that it was actually pretty neat down there.  So, of course, he became the subject for the last of my photos.




What did you do with your Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All feedback welcome!